History

The site of St Mary's Church has been a place of Christian worship for over 900 years. There is evidence to suggest the church was founded by a Robert Sacheverell in the first quarter of the 12th century.

The Lych-Gate includes a Memorial Plaque to those of the parish who lost their lives in the Great War, 1914-1919.

For more information on the history of the church please visit: www.boultonchurch.org.uk